To start off, Landon and I recently had our FOUR year anniversary. Now, you may or may not know this, but we haven't ever been really successful at getting our anniversaries celebrated. Year number one: Landon's dear older sister got married the day after us, so we spent it with his family. Year number two: Landon's siblings came from out of town, so we spent it with his family. See the pattern starting? Now, if I didn't LOVE his family so much that wouldn't have been a very good thing for us, two years in a row and all, however, Landon has an amazing family. (and no, I am not just writing that because some of his fam reads this, I promise! :] Year number three: Our first time actually getting to celebrate! Yay. We didn't do anything huge, came to Salt Lake for a long weekend and got massages and ate at great places. It was fantastic! That brings us to year number four: I was in Cache Valley and Landon was in Phoenix. It was sad. But my dear sweet husband sent me the most beautiful PINK roses I have EVER seen! Honestly people, the flowers were amazing! Although I would take having my lover around over flowers, they did seem to help.
Many of you know my silly little dog. I know that blogging about an animal may seem totally lame to some, but this little guy has been a lifesaver for me. Since we have moved down to Salt Lake, Wilson has been so great to have around. Being at home all day would be pretty boring without him. I know he isn't much for conversation, but he is always good for a game or to cuddle and when I need to go in the basement and am a little afraid that I might meet up with a spider, he is right there!
Wils loves to be outside and that is a BIG reason we can hardly wait to get our backyard done. The deck just isn't as comf as a nice lawn is.
It was so good! I have never made it before, but it's so not hard, so that is a bonus. I put a few different recipes I found together and it turned out great!
A couple of days ago, I met a freaky unwanted guest in my basement. It had eight legs and that's all I want to say about that. I TOTALLY flipped out, I mean this thing was B.I.G. I texted Landon and told him he needs to come home (I knew he couldn't but I really wanted him to). He did his best to calm me down and gave me his best pep talk to go kill the dang thing, but I just couldn't do it. So I called my neighbor. She came over and saved the day. Her 2 year old little son came too- armed with a yellow fly swatter and ready to be brave. (it was so cute). I was slightly embarrased with my behavior, but completely appreciated her taking care of business. I had to do what I do to repay her. So I cooked up some pretty dang cute cupcakes...
All in all, everyone came out a winner, except that retched spider who had a burial at sea.
5 comments:
Yay, being a stay at home person can be rough some times. I'm so glad Wils is around to ease the pain. ;o) Want to know what else eases the pain? A trip to St. George.
Just give yourself a few more years of marital bliss and you might turn out like us and forget until the day is half way over that it's your anniversary. :o)
And your cooking adventures look delish!! I will kill a spider for you any time if it means I get a treat.
Finally, this post had me a Sienfeld.
HA HA! You are too funny! I love the post about nothing, I'm going to try that.... Camping??? I hope so!!
Those cupcakes turned out super cute! You are turning into a cupcake pro! I saw some yesterday that looked like little hamburgers they were soo cute.
When are you going to invite us to a BBQ or something??
Way cute cupcakes!! I am exactly the same on the spider phobia. They are just so creepy. If maggie sees them she tries to eat them, along with any other moving thing. It's pretty gross, but works out to my benefit. :)
I'm with you on the spider thing. Yuck, yuck, yuck! If there's a big spider around when Chris is gone I usually get out the vacuum and use the longest attachment to suck up the creepy thing...and even then I'm pretty freaked out!
We really miss seeing you guys! Do you want to come to Boise in September and run a 5K with me? The race is the St. Lukes Women's Fitness Celebration and it's Sept. 26th. It would be a fun excuse to see you guys!!
Post a Comment