Mary Ann, Tawna, Allison, Tara and yours truly.
Mary Ann started us off, running from Gunlock Resivor out of the canyon.
She was pleasantly surprised to see her family there to show some love and support.
Then came Tara, this was her second year and she was our fearless team captain.
Next was Allison. She did it last year with Tara, they both were so fun to run with.
Next up was Tawna. My partner in running. I'm SO glad I have her!
Last but not least was me. My first leg was only a little over three miles, it was pretty easy terrain and a nice (hot) run.
Then we did it all over again...
Mary Ann.
Tara.
Allison.
Tawna.
I really need to put in here, this leg was freakin hard and Tawna did SUCH a great job!
Now, my last leg. Oh Boy. Where to start? How about with this- this is how excited I was to run this leg.
Yeah, notsomuch.
My leg was just over seven miles, a few of which was on gravel, up the side of a mountain and, for more than half of, I could see the finish line. I just had to run completely around the lake to get to it.
Which I did.
Our team all done.
When all was said and done, this was as much of a jumping photo as I could muster up energy for.
Relays realy bring out the best in all of us.
I do love me a good relay race. I can definitely see me doing this one again.
6 comments:
If you do it again next year, I want to run with you! I love St. George! I love the red rock and all the cool hikes in the area. And best of all, I will not be pregnant or breastfeeding next March and a year sounds like enough time to get in shape for it! Keep me in mind!
I didn't know you were such a runner! Awesome :) Your baby is so cute :) Sounds like a fun time!
First of all, that last picture...ummm, can we destroy it?? I look, well, fairly freaky and quite scary...just because it is cute of you doesn't mean that you should throw me under the bus.
That WAS a fun day, now wasn't it? The stretching pictures are absolutely priceless. I think I could be talked into visiting the old stomping grounds and going it another round next year--Team Hips, Lips and Asphalt reunite!!
....oh, except I DO NOT want you or Tawna's last legs. Thankyouverymuch. :o)
Done and done sis- sorry, I didn't take a good look at the pic...
Well, gee, thanks. :o) I also need to say something about that fierce stretching face Tawna is wearing...she's a very focused stretcher.
You know, I was thinking it would be SUPER funny to have pictures of the before and after of all of our amazing pictures...what a fun day.
I found your April race for next year - the Dead Sea Marathon. Run to the lowest place on earth:) Then float in the saltiest sea on earth and rejuvenate in all its slippery minerals... We saw all kinds of runners, even mom's pushing babies in strollers, and of course those women in their head coverings. That must be a realllllly hot way to run!
Post a Comment