Sunday, January 24, 2010

A really cool experience

So, yesterday, Landon and I went to a funeral. It was the funeral of our sister in law's step dad. His name is Fritz "Frank" Heimberg. Frank and Madeline got married just a few months after Landon and I did and they were kind enough to invite us to their wedding. That in itself was a cool experience, you see, they were sealed by President Faust. Frank was a barber and he did a lot of the General Authorities hair, so that was really cool to meet Elder Faust. After the temple, we ate at the Lion House and it was delish!! (That was cool too). So, back to my original story, Frank passed away last Monday evening and his funeral was yesterday. Landon and I were a little late getting there, so when we arrived, we went into the viewing room and looked around for my family. I scanned the crowd and thought I recognized a face, but right after that, I saw my parents so we went over to talk to them. My mom quickly said, well, why don't you go meet President Monson? Yeah, that was the face I thought I saw in the crowd. Frank did Monson's hair for years and they were good friends. It was really cool to have him there. Landon and I went over to meet him and right when we got up to him, the bishop came over and started talking to him. We wanted to make sure we got to Madeline before the family prayer started, so we had to walk away from President Monson. The funeral was really really good. Every speaker was amazing. One of his grand daughters spoke and her talk really got to me. A home teacher spoke and he got to this part in his talk where he had a quote from President Monson and it was kind of funny to look over at his face. :) Then the Prophet got up and spoke for a bit. It was amazing! After the funeral got out, Landon and I took our chance to meet him. We went over and Landon introduced me as the best hair dresser this side of the Mississippi. We had a laugh about that and then President Monson put his arm around me and pulled me into him. Then he said to Landon that he has a great eye for beauty. Now, how is that for a compliment?!? The whole day was filled with a great spirit. Landon and I kept saying all day, whoa, we really met the Prophet! We are glad to have had that opportunity and so grateful for this church. Anyway, it was a great day. Just thought I would share.

5 comments:

Mer said...

wow - what an awesome experience.

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

That is seriously so cool!! What an experience. Hopefully he'll be calling you up for haircuts now!

farmgirl said...

That is awesome. What a neat thing, for everybody there. And...so cool that you will be the prophet's new hairdresser!!

Anonymous said...

I won't comment on the content of your blog...we have already done that...it was an amazing day! Yes I do exist...I'm not just a figment of your imagination.

Audz said...

Wow Amanda. That is to cool! Welcome grandma! To the wild world we call a blog! Yes, I to am included. Nice to see you typing!

About Me

My photo
Landon and I married on June 30th 2005 and time really has gone by fast! We just moved to Salt Lake. Starting a new job a new life and really trying to get all settled in.