It started out the night before the race at Mary Ann's house gathered together for a team bonding spaghetti dinner. I am in full support of making this a tradition! It was so much fun to get both van's together and hang out before the race even started. Then came the decorating of the vans. Our team name may have been 'all for a medal?' But we decided to play up on the whole Saints and Sinners theme of said medal. One van were the Saints and one van were the Sinners. Those in the Saints van wore Halos during their runs and those in the Sinners van wore devil horns during theirs.
We started at 9:30 Friday morning in Logandale Valley of Fire, Nevada. 171 miles and 27 hours later, we ended at the Red Rock Casino in Vegas. This race was so fun to do, but I have to say that it will not take the place of Dub B in my heart!
Let me introduce you to my team....
Then Penny, one of my good good friends and also an Animal with a capitol 'A'.
This is her, running this race and due in Feb. At first she liked all of the people cheering her on when they saw she was pregnant,but that got old real fast. From there on out, she was more than happy when she wasn't noticed.
Then came Tawna...
Then to Mary Ann....
And finally to me...
Let me say this, it was H.O.T. On all of these races, my first legs are always up hill and always in the heat of the day. I even got a sunburn on my arm in the shape of my music player... see?
okay, so you can't see it very well here, but I promise, it was there and it was bad.
This is my AWESOME van getting ready to start our midnight runs.
Now our midnight runs were filled with adventure, I will just say this.....Ragnar better step up their game next year for this race and mark the dang course, I ran a while in the wrong direction and turned my 5.3 mile leg into about an 8 mile leg. (mary ann joined me for part of this leg and got lost with me, then jonathan came looking for us in the middle of no where and added a little over four miles onto his mileage as well, it was a llllloooonnnnngggg night.)
Over the course of 27 hours spent in the van you start to get a little tired, wired and shameless with the photos you take, here we go....
not so bad right? just wait...
this was me with gobstoppers in my lip....aka bunny face.
this one, not really bad or shameless, just really tired and very done with running.


This is what it looks like to stretch out in the van.

all in all lets just say it was a lot of time spent in that sinners van....
When all is said and done, I am so proud of myself for doing this race and proud of my great team for doing it with me.
and just in case you were worried that we had forgotten Louie, no need, he crossed the finish line with us too....
So many people ask me why I run.
I think, if you have to ask, you'll never understand.



The Medals are nice.....

But this is why I run....
Then came Tawna...
This is my AWESOME van getting ready to start our midnight runs.
Over the course of 27 hours spent in the van you start to get a little tired, wired and shameless with the photos you take, here we go....
This is what it looks like to stretch out in the van.
all in all lets just say it was a lot of time spent in that sinners van....
When all is said and done, I am so proud of myself for doing this race and proud of my great team for doing it with me.
and just in case you were worried that we had forgotten Louie, no need, he crossed the finish line with us too....
So many people ask me why I run.
I think, if you have to ask, you'll never understand.
The Medals are nice.....
But this is why I run....
6 comments:
Amanda, you can stop on by anytime girlie! Mary Ann has been telling me for ages to check out your blog and I gotta say, anyone who takes pictures of themselves with bunny lips is my kinda people. :) Glad you dragged your sister into the race at the last minute, she loved it.
You are awesome!! That sucks running in the wrong direction, but if you love running, it's no big deal. :) Way to go!!
L.o.v.e. I.t.
Way to go little sis. It was a crazy race--it always is, but this was crazy in frustrating ways I never want to deal with again. Thanks for not hitting me on that night run and only telling me to shut up instead. It was awfully good of you. :o) I think if we would of taken a cowbell with us and I could of been ringing it in your face you would of enjoyed the whole experience a lot more.
Can't wait for the Dub B.
oh my Mary Ann, I just had an entire senario go through my head of me and you lost in the desert about five miles into the run........and a cowbell. That would either have made the whole thing lot's better or WAY worse! Hopefully we wont ever have to experience that again. I was glad to have you on that run, if you weren't there, you guys would have found me in the fetal position in that old construction yard at some odd time in the morning I'm sure!
You are just a little bit crazy...but I love it! I'm jealous that you got to run such a cool race with your family. Maybe you should get your fat brother, David out there next year. LOL.
it must have ben. those are so funky pics B).
Post a Comment