Thursday, February 17, 2011

Update- Chapter 3

This should catch me up. Hopefully. Well, Oliver is coming up on 6 months old. I can hardly believe that! Here are his 4 and 5 month photos...


I know all these updates are about Oliver and I do apologize for that, but, then again, not really, he IS pretty cute...




At four months, he got his first teeth. There were about four days there that I wanted to send him back because my happy little guy turned into this crabby pants, but, it passed and the little teeth are darn cute.

The continuation of Oliver and Wilson. I just love these two together...



So, enough about Oliver, onto me... I had my Feb. race all planned out. Last Saturday here in Bountiful, sweet shirts and just a 5k. Great. So, I show up, drive all over the parking lot, can't find a spot. Drive a couple of blocks away and finally find a spot to park. I run back to the start and ask a volunteer where to register. She sends me inside to a desk. I ask the person at that desk where to register. She sends me across the room to another desk. I ask that person where to register. She sends me out to another room to another desk. I find that desk. I ask that person where to register. She tells me that they only have a womens small or a mens medium size shirt left, but if I would fill out this paper, she will send me one of what ever size I want. So I fill out the paper and ask, so, I am now registered? She says, no and sends me to another desk to talk to 'Molly'. 'Molly' will get me registered. OK. So, I find Molly and ask to register. Molly tells me that registration has just closed. great. awesome. I may or may not have shed a couple of tears. As I am walking back to my car trying not to be too upset and walking through the crowds of runners that were indeed registered, I decided to drown my sorrows in a tanning bed. Tan therapy actually helps. Really. On my way home, I see a sign for an Oreo stacking contest. I say to myself, self- I bet you can stack Oreos. And in fact I can. I went in sad about a race and walked out feeling pretty good with two bags of Oreos I won for my incredible stacking abilities. There isn't a 5k that I know of where I would leave with two bags of Oreos. All in all, my day turned out pretty fantastic!



Oh, and just in case you were wondering about my official Feb race, I have a 10k lined up for this Saturday. I am still on track for my race a month goal. Holla!

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

Oreo stacking...that is awesome! Oliver is a cutie! I can't believe how much he is growing!

farmgirl said...

This was a great post!
Love that little man Oliver, I cannot wait for you guys to get your little selves down here so we can have our long over due time together!!
And, really, your Oreo story cracks me up. Only you, Amanda, only you. :o)

Cindy King said...

I love seeing Oliver growing. He is getting so big! And what a great picture with a life-size Oreo. :) Oh yeah, thanks again for getting me the shampoo pump.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that you had pictures with oreo man. Keep posting pictures of Oliver - he is so cute!!

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

Oliver is so freakin cute!! I love it!

Marybeth said...

Now that is just hilarious!

About Me

My photo
Landon and I married on June 30th 2005 and time really has gone by fast! We just moved to Salt Lake. Starting a new job a new life and really trying to get all settled in.