Sunday, April 18, 2010

Birthday Weekend

Well, my birthday started out pretty low key. I slept in and really didn't do too much. I ate lunch with Wilson and Oprah. I almost went on a run, but decided to give myself a pedicure and facial and soak in a bath instead.

Landon was able to leave work early and we made our way over to our official ultra sound appointment. At first it wasn't super easy to see, but by the end we got a real clear shot of our Wee Webb.

HE will be fantastic!

This is his little bum and legs sticking out. While we were watching him, he was laying on his back and reaching up to his toes, playing with his feet. He is already so cute and fun to look at, I can't even imagine what it will be like when he gets here. So far, he is about the size of a banana and weighs 13 oz.
We are super excited for this little guy. He will be a great addition to our family. I am, though, totally surrounded by boys. If I never have a girl, I am for sure getting a female dog! That is something I can control.
A long while ago, Mary Ann gave me a bag of baby boy clothes, yesterday, when I remembered about said bag, I broke it out and spread everything ALL OVER our living room floor. It got me super excited to dress this little guy. Favorite thing found in bag--- these.

How stinking cute!

Look how tiny!
Anyways, back to me..... :) My birthday was excellent. Landon took me shopping for some new running shoes and I was able to get some pretty cute (and comfy) pink ones. He also got me a Nike plus. I am so excited to use both of those!

Along with the running gear, I got some dang cute maternity clothes (Thanks Mom and Sandra)!
This next story doesn't have anything to do with my birthday, but it really was a highlight of my weekend. We were hanging out with some friends and wanted to go get a treat. They told us about this really good frozen yogurt place in Park City, so off we went. There was the most adorable chicka working there, she gave us samples of EVERY flavor and they were pretty good (nothing compares to Tummy Yummy). Anyways, when we were on our way out, she asked me if we were having a boy or a girl. That was the first time that a stranger has noticed I was pregnant and not just fat. I got teary eyed and gave her a hug and told her about our little boy. I'm pretty sure she thought I was nuts, but I really couldn't help it. She was just the cherry on top of my birthday split!
Well, here I am officially half way done with this job of growing a boy in my belly. Halle-freakin-lujah!

7 comments:

Natalie Nelson said...

Glad you had a great birthday.I am so excited to hear you are having a boy. They are not as much fun to dress up but boy can they get you to go outside and get dirty (maybe some people don't like that sort of thing but I do. They make it so much more interesting). I love having boys and you will to. BTW I love the shirt it is so cute. and you are looking so cute with your belly. Hope to see you the next time you come up.

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

Hope that you had an awesome birthday!! You deserve it!! I was pretty dang sure you were having a girl . . . I mean the cake test if usually fool proof. :) A boy will be so much fun!! I seriously can't wait to meet him! You and Landon are going to be the best parents ever! (Oh and you look so cute with your little prego belly.)

farmgirl said...

Where oh where to begin? I am so excited for the Wee Webb Little Mister!!! I had totally forgotten about the clothes too, I LOVE those shoes, and are baby socks not the tiniest, cutest things ever???? I think a pedi and bath sound like way more fun than a run, especially on the birthday. Love the new shoes, jealous of the Nike plus...you and Jonathan are stepping it up, that will be so nice to have. Glad you found a frozen yogurt spot in Park City, we for sure need to hit that on the girl trip. Super happy about your run in with the preggo-noticer, it's always nice to feel pregnant and not just fat. And finally, your little belly is darling! Love you Sis, and that Wee Webb.

Kelsey said...

YAY! Boys are SO FUN and he will keep you on your toes for sure! By the way, you are a BEAUTIFUL pregnant lady!

Anonymous said...

We are happy about your baby boy...you and Landon will be great parents...it was nice to have you here this week...love you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda,

You look great! Congrats on your boy :) They are so much fun. I am going back to having a private blog and need your email address so I can send you an invite to view it :) Thanks a ton!! Yay for halfway there, there IS a light at the end of the tunnel :)

Jenny Burbank

Anonymous said...

my email address is jjb@plmw.com

About Me

My photo
Landon and I married on June 30th 2005 and time really has gone by fast! We just moved to Salt Lake. Starting a new job a new life and really trying to get all settled in.