Sometime recently, I had a conversation about blogs. It was mentioned that they are like our modern day diaries. Since then, I have really thought about it and I have to say, it is a good, GOOD thing that they are not, actually.
-You see, in my diary, I complain about people that may or may not be close to me. In my blog, some of those people may or may not read my blog- this could result in many a fight.
-In my diary, I write every little detail about the happenings in my life. In my blog, most people could care less about every single event or thought that crosses my mind.
-In my diary, I record not only the sweet little things that Lando does to win me over again and again, but also the super annoying things he does to really just bug me too. In my blog, I may make mention of this or that, but if I aired our all of that dirty laundry, home life would not be so sweet, probably.
I guess I am just saying, blogs are great and I enjoy reading other people's (for the most part), but if I replaced my diary, I would be friendless, have upset family members, and a husband who just might stop talking to me.
You know, this entire entry may be the total out of wack hormones this Wee Webb I have inside of me are producing, but in all honesty, I have in some sort of little way gone on my own form of bloggging strike. The only thing I have on my mind is this pregnancy and all of the ups and downs that I have been experiencing. I would love to get all of those emotions out in the cyber world, but then again, who cares. I know that I wouldn't want to read a blog about all of the crazy stuff going on in my head right now. So here I am, grateful I have a real life private journal to get all my crazy out in and for an over the top understanding husband to love me in spite of said crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amanda
- Landon and I married on June 30th 2005 and time really has gone by fast! We just moved to Salt Lake. Starting a new job a new life and really trying to get all settled in.
6 comments:
When little wee webb comes out and you are snuggling him/her, and you see that first little wave, or hear mama, all the craziness is forgotten. I didn't really believe in the whole pregnancy amnesia thing before it happened to me, but it really is true. I just hope husbands have a measure of it too... love ya - good luck.
Ohhhh, the Wee Webb is wrecking havoc all over the place--that kid!! I know your stress, and I say blame it all on the Wee Webb!! Ride that wave, Baby!
Blogs are for whatever the heck you want them to be...so you do what you want, my dear.
Hang in there. :o)
I love to hear about your crazy emotional - hormonal - We Webb - ups and downs...but I think that I have to agree, there is a fine line difference between a diary and a blog.
Hang in there...you are Great :)
I'm with you Amanda. I definitely write different things in my journal than I do on our blog. But I like reading whatever you have to say.
We miss you hear in Cabo! We are leaving a special treat for you! :)
I liked your post :) I agree that blogs and journals should be seperate. Good luck with your pregnancy!! You will be a great mom!
Good conversation we had. But I still want to hear all about any pregnancy stuff!! Prego stories are the best! Hope you have fun in Cabo!
Post a Comment