Monday, November 16, 2009

To stripe or not to stripe? It's no longer a question....

For a while now I have been wanting to paint stripes in my living room. Well, I figured if I wanted it done, I just need to do it myself, so I did. And this is how it turned out...

Then I didn't know where to stop: so I didn't, I wrapped it around the top of that wall onto the next, see?


So there it is, the color isn't at all what I was thinking it would be, but when all is said and done, I think it looks okay.

Thanks to Meagan (who I don't think looks at my blog) but she told me the secrets of how to do this and it worked out great. Now, onto the next project to keep me busy.

9 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

I love the stripes. I am definitely not talented enough to pull off such a feat. Do you paint for money?

Amanda said...

It was surprisingly easy to do, and pretty fast. You could totally do it.

farmgirl said...

LoVe it!! It turned out great!! I knew I was right when I said so on the phone, I'm so smart like that. Doncha just love a good project? And painting is a fun one.
Can't wait to see you next week. :o)

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

Good job painting the stripes. They look totally even and cute!! I can't wait to see them in person. Way to go!!

Audz said...

O.k. Amanda, you have major talent!
It looks great!

Audz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie Nelson said...

It looks great. One day I will get to see this house of your's for real and not just through pictures.

Jake and Courtney Larsen said...

i will be there soon to meet the stripes in person!!! I love them!! I bet your cute little engineer hubby helped make them straight?

Amanda said...

nope, i did it all by myself! the whole thing! Holla!

About Me

My photo
Landon and I married on June 30th 2005 and time really has gone by fast! We just moved to Salt Lake. Starting a new job a new life and really trying to get all settled in.