and his favorite hiding treat spots and loves to run up and down the hall. Him and Landon spend hours just staring out the window,
it is really exciting when they spot something worth pointing at.
The neighborhood here is GREAT!! I have joined a running group and it has been so fun! For those of you who know me well, you might want to sit down for this next part. I am up and running by 6A.M. That's right, me who does not like mornings is dragging her sleepy butt out on the road. I'm telling ya, turning a whole new leaf here! The ward down here is awesome too. There have been so many people that have made us feel right at home. I went to Enrichment a couple of weeks ago and it was a service auction. I, for the life of me, could not think of what to do on such short notice, so I baked. I made the cutest cupcakes ever! I have to give myself a pat on the back! They were a hot item at auction too, so that was nice. I made two kinds, Smore
and Strawberry Creme
Both were delicious but I think the Smore batter was better, but the Strawberry cooked was better.
They have planted our front lawn, and a couple of trees. I can't tell you the difference it makes!! We have yet to mow the lawn, we were told by our neighbor who has an immaculate lawn that we need to wait a few weeks, so that is what we are doing. I planted some flowers in the front and also in some pots out back.
Wils really likes them.
We have had a few visitors, last week Penny and Colby met us in Layton for dinner at our favorite place Tepenyaki. If you haven't been there, you must go, it is fabo! We all caught shrimp in our mouths but not a lot of great pictures to document.
It was so fun and we LOVE having friends come visit, so everyone do it more!!! This is how we can tell who really likes us and who was glad to get us out of Cache Valley! And Courtney, I again must appologize for cutting your visit short, it was so good to have you come down and see us, and I hope you come again soon! All in all everything is going great! Gearing up for the Wasatch Back in a couple of days. I can promise you all a post on that, it is the funnest race EVER! I am so excited to have more family on the team this year, maybe just maybe one of these years we can get an entire van FULL of Nelsons...that could be scary!
6 comments:
We miss you guys and Wils. I'm sad we couldn't come to dinner, but I didn't want to risk getting you guys all sick. I'm sad that your not here for SYTYCD, Buncos, and just the day to day stuff. Good luck with your race. I'm going to start running and we will see about doing the Vegas one.
It's about time you posted something. I know you have been commenting on mine but, you seemed to have forgotten your own. As far as just posting mundane things I have learned a few tricks about making mine a little more interesting from reading Mary Ann's. She seems to make everything a laugh a minute. Keep trying, and I know you won't get this until after the race but good luck.
Thanks for the update - glad the new home is treating you well in all aspects - way to go on getting out and getting involved. Hope to see you in our neck of the desert soon . . .
Sure, you have been getting up at 6:00 am...personally I think the 3:00 am run was a blast! Sorry I didn't see that you posted last week, to busy gearing up.
I loved doing the Wasatch Back with you, I loved it even more after 12 hours of sleep when I got home to make me feel like an actual person again. :)
Oh, p.s. your cupcakes look delish and Landon cracks me up looking out the window with Wilson...by the way, could you tell me what the barometer is reading right now?
Sweet pics! Ha! The only way that I will forgive you for kicking me out of your house is if you make me cupcakes next time I come to visit......
Post a Comment